Source Protection Plan
Formal public consultation on the source protection plan and assessment reports takes place from Thursday, April 24, 2014 until Friday, May 23, 2014.
Electronic copies available here:
- Source Protection Plan
- Source Protection Plan (with changes tracked)
- Explanatory Document
- Explanatory Document (with changes tracked)
- Explanatory Document: Appendix A (2011 Pre Consultation Comment Record)
- Explanatory Document: Appendix B (2012 First Formal Consultation Comment Record
- Explanatory Document: Appendix C (2012 Second Formal Consultation Comment Record)
- Explanatory Document: Appendix D (2014 Pre Consultation Comment Record)
Here's a quick overview of the changes that were made to the source protection plan:
- Addition of new water quantity policies as a result of the Midland, Penetanguishene, Tiny (Whip-Poor-Will) and York Region Tier 3 Water Budget Studies (Threats 19 & 20).
- New policies to address small quantities of waste that are exempt from the EPA (Threat 1b).
- Residential home heating fuel - change in policy approach (Threat 15).
- Minor policy wording changes to clarify intent, corrections to legal effect list: DEMD-5, LUP-12, LUP-9, EDU-1, RCHG-1, RCHG-2, RLU-1, SEWG(b)-5
- Editorial changes to correct typos, cross-reference errors, glossary updates etc. that have no impact on policy meaning or intent.